Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wrapping up the summer

Unfortunately, I have been unable to completed the entire project.  Here's where things stand right now:  There are enough of the ETG (tweaker) scripts converted in order for the main module to be imported and for a number of the simple demos to run.  That said, a bunch of functionality is missing from the main module and none of the submodules (wx.html, wx.grid, etc.) work.  Converting the remainder of the ETG scripts is something that is just going to take more time.  Many of them are simple enough, but some of them have a lot of additions that use the C-API and will require a significant amount of time and work.

I've spent the last couple of days working on some documentation.  I've decided to focus on writing documentation for converting etg scripts rather than for the internals of the generator.  Although there are doubtlessly bugs in the generator yet to be fixed (I already know of at least a couple), I think most of the work that needs to be done and that is likely to be done by someone else is working with the ETG scripts.

I don't plan on abandoning this project. I want see this project through to its completion. I've asked permission to continue working on this project as a part of a class this semester.  I haven't gotten a response just yet, but I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment